Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Morning Time

It's a peaceful beginning to my day. Everything around me is quiet except for the odd house noise or the random bark of the neighbor's dog. I enjoy this time of the day. I feel like I'm in control and yet shielded from the rest of the world. I realize there are others just like me, up and getting their morning started so early. But not here with me. My little cul-de-sac isn't alive yet so I feel like the world is mine. No one can touch me. No one can even come close. So, I enjoy it while I can. It is a contented lonely feeling. I know what is ahead of me, but right at this moment in time I don't have to face it. I am sheltered in the time between sleep and work, between reality and fantasy. This is all my time and I can do with it whatever I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment