Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Unsettled

I feel like a new chapter is going to be starting sometime soon. My life seems to be at a crossroads and I have to decide which path to take. Unfortunately I do not see a light on either path. It's a guessing game, a toss of a coin, a magic eight ball decision.
Lately I have been feeling unsettled. I can't say I'm gloom and doom, but I do have to wonder if I'm going through some kind of depression. It isn't like I'm miserable. I laugh and enjoy many things, but it just seems there is some kind of emptiness within. Something is missing and I can't even put a finger on it.
Maybe I'm expecting too much out of life? Maybe this is all there is? Is this really the best it gets? I have to hope that it isn't. I'm not willing to settle for this life I'm living. I demand more.
I know, I make my own happiness. I have to get up and out there and be active in doing what is best for me. I'll figure it out. I'm simply pondering, wondering and guessing. It will hit me like a brick wall sooner or later.
I'll wake up one morning and a brilliant light will be shining. I'll have all the answers. Until then I'll fumble my way around in the dark. Maybe I should put on a glow stick necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment