Friday, January 7, 2011

Busy Beaver

I have been on my knees cleaning the kitchen floor, sprawled across the bathroom tub and been half in the kitchen cabinets.  I have used a full size vacuum and a mini-dustbuster.  I have cooked a hash brown casserole, have another in the oven, made a cake, drank 4 ounces of coca-cola and 24 ounces of water.  I've contemplated a glass of wine, written a couple blog posts, applied for three jobs, exchanged messages with two people, talked to both my children and my mom. I've thought of the Bossman and taken the dogs for a walk.

I loaded the dishwasher, watched 5 minutes of a movie, turned on my country music, shed a few tears, thought of my dad, tossed out some moldy bread and went to the restroom three times. I did a load of laundry, wiped down the cabinets, packed a bag of clothes to give away, and brought in the trash can. 50 crunches, 10 push ups and 20 squats later I'm sitting on the love seat wondering what else there is for me to do today.

I imagine I'll cook something else.  I'm going strong on my "meals on wheels" and really just like cooking.  I still have another load of laundry, need to change the sheets on my bed, take the dogs for another walk, feed the cat, clean the downstairs bathroom, drink that glass of wine, shower and get cleaned up for the munch tonight.  Somewhere in there I'll problem do a much more feminine Tom Cruise imitation and dance across the living room floor in my t-shirt and socks.  It's so much fun on the hardwood floors.  I hope the neighbors enjoy it.

I'm like a little jack in the box.  I sit still long enough for the lid to be closed and then ta-da I'm right back up as soon as my mind gets cranked on something else to do.  I stay up late and get up early.  I'm the energizer bunny without the ears and fluffy tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment