Sunday, December 12, 2010

Let It Snow. NO!

I love the fall, the cool crisp air, breaking out the sweaters and boots.  But these freezing cold temperatures, ice and snow do nothing for me.  Perhaps as my cold weather corrupter is trying to convince me, if I had a snuggle man and a reason to stay in bed or on the sofa all day it might not be so terrible. I'm still not convinced, but I'm still man-less as well.

I think one reason I have such a hard time with this weather is because I'm terrified of driving on snow and ice.  I have done it and can do it if absolutely necessary, but I get anxious and nervous.  My hands grip the steeling wheel and my eyes are constantly darting around, watching every car and imagining that the next stretch of road is going to be black ice.

So, here I am sitting in the living room and watching the snow flakes drift around in the wind.  The snow fall is heavy for a while and then it all but diminishes only to start up again. I ventured out this morning just to see how cold it is.  Yes, let me confirm it is cold.  I do see glimpses of sunshine, though.  Enough to slip into that bathing suit and take a dip in the pool?  Not quite, unless it is indoors and heated.

I say "Let It Snow - NO!"

No comments:

Post a Comment