Monday, April 11, 2011

SA - TUR - DAY


Remember the Bay City Rollers? "Gonna keep on dancing to the rock n roll..."
Well, that isn't going to be MY Saturday night. More like "Work all day, sleep all night..." I lead such a thrilling life. If it wasn't for work there would be no life at all.
Work has been consuming me and I think I need to make an adjustment if possible. I have been working anywhere from 50 to 66 hours a week. I'm too delicate for that. ;) I want to be barefoot and naked in the kitchen trying to get pregnant (and no, I can't get pregnant, don't want to... just a saying.) I want to romp on the beach and dig my toes in the sand or take a walk through a creek deep in the mountains. There are so many other things to do besides work, but alas it pays the bills and I do enjoy aspects of it.
Like right now, the moment in time when I'm ready for work but not dressed, sitting on my bed relaxing and enjoying the quiet of the morning. Or the customer that is taken back by my smile and he smiles in return, offering a kind word. Or the laughter I get when the burly men in the yard pretend to let me be the boss! It's all the simple pleasures in life.
Better take the time to enjoy them.


No comments:

Post a Comment