Sunday, August 21, 2011



It has been some time since I've written anything. I took a nap earlier and now find myself unable to sleep. Morning will come early and despite the nap, I will still be tired. Doctors, hospitals, medicines, work and a few people have had me a mess since mid-February. I have another surgery scheduled for August 12 and hopefully that will be it. I am ready to be on the track to better health and a life filled without too many doctors. Although, goodness knows that lung doctor is a hot one!
Work still kicks my butt and at the end of the day I'm completely worn out. The added high temperatures and crazy humidity is enough to make me cry out for a sugar daddy! So far no one is listening, though. ;) Lately I have had to deal with idiots at work. When I first started there everyone told me it wouldn't take long for the customers to drive me insane. I think what they meant to say is that it wouldn't take long for my co-workers to make me want to curse and pull my hair out.
The men at work gossip like a bunch of bored old women on a party line phone. I am the work whore they say and apparently I am in competition with another woman there. I have never been a whore in my life. Except that one time with that one man, but then it was really more like just being his personal whore. Anyway, those men can burn up the radio and CB like there's no tomorrow. I went out with someone at work and that is where my problem started. Plus, not to mention the work ratio of man to woman is about 100 to 1. I'm getting sidetracked. The point is now the rumor is that I have a different man from work for every day of the week. What the idiots fail to realize is, I have much higher standards than that and if they really factored in how much I have been sick, I don't have the time or energy for them. I was pretty upset when I heard this rumor. Not so much because someone dared to think I might be a "whore" but because they lack the intelligence to really know me or what's the truth. I have decided they aren't worth my energy in any regard and they can say whatever they want. I know what is true. 
I am just a drifter right now in so many ways. I find myself having highs and lows and yet I'm okay with everything going on in my life and around me. I am learning new things about myself and people in general, about health issues and life.
I find myself changing and evolving. I'm still the same me, but different in some regards. My mind is a bit more open and I am certainly less judgmental. Oh, and I'm more outspoken and try much harder to not sugar coat things.
Other than that, not a lot going on. Kids are doing great. Daughter started a new job, got a new car and is doing wonderful. Son started a new job, buying a house and is doing wonderful as well. I'm so proud they're growing into such mature, responsible, content and good adults. I'm not biased either. They really are. :)
My dad's birthday and my parents anniversary has come and gone. My mom did okay through it all. She still has her moments and I know she misses him something fierce at times. She's a tough cookie and I am proud of her. She has been venturing out and doing things. This weekend we are going to visit her sister, my aunt with cancer. She was told today that she has two months. Some things in life suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment