Sunday, August 21, 2011

Life's Little Update

Surgery is over and it is almost time to go back to work.  I have just one more week to live the life of luxury.  That's a bit of sarcasm in case you aren't catching on.  It isn't like I was on vacation.  However, I will say it was appreciated.  My follow up visit is on Tuesday and I'm hoping it all goes well.  I do miss working, but at the same time if I really did not have to work - I would not. :)

College starts tomorrow.  I am a little nervous.  I have four classes - two online and two in the classroom.  I know I will do fine once I get over that initial period of having to use my brain and study and be organized.  It will definitely put constraints on the free time I used to have.  But I like being busy so I don't really mind.  At least sitting here typing this tonight I don't mind.  Ask me again in a couple of weeks and I might have a change in attitude.

My son and his girlfriend started the remodel on their new home today.  They are pulling up all the carpets and doing hardwood floors. Or shall I say refinishing the hardwood that is there already.  In a month or so they will be remodeling the basement which will become my happy abode for a while.

I had to take my daughter to the urgent care center today.  Her dog bit her in the cheek.  When I first saw it, I was freaked out.  She had so much blood literally pouring out of her cheek that I thought half her cheek was ripped off.  I immediately grabbed a towel and put it to her cheek, told her to get her flip flops and we had to go NOW.  Fortunately once we got there and were seen it wasn't as bad as the blood made me believe.  She's doing alright tonight and I'm relieved.


No comments:

Post a Comment