Friday, October 8, 2010

Breezy with a chance of peace

It is a wonderful day. The weather has cooled off and there's an amazing breeze blowing through the house. I have one load in the dryer and then my chores are completely done for the day. I do believe after that is finished I am going to take a long hot bath and put on my wonderful pink fuzzy cupcake covered pajamas and find an excellent movie to watch.

I have lost 4 pounds on my lifestyle change. Once I was over my initial "dangit, that's not enough!" thought, I'm pleased with the results so far. I slipped a couple of times and had a coca-cola, but I have also re-discovered a few really healthy food choices that I had lost somewhere in the land of processed food. I was parking right across the street from work, but starting tomorrow I'm 5 blocks away and that, coupled with taking the stairs, is an additional improvement to my health.

Work is taking up a lot of my time and pretty soon will take up even more as workload increases for a few months. I have to remember that sleep is just as important for me. 12 hours, 6 days a week is a lot of time put in the office and often times I can't get right to sleep when I get home or else I have a date night that throws everything off. It will all balance out in the end though as long as I keep the big picture in mind.

So, yes, I'm pleased so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment