Friday, October 8, 2010

Danger, Danger!

I bet many of you have pondered how you could fall into a bath tub. It's a legitimate question that deserves an answer.

Cleaning. I'm telling you and insisting it can be dangerous to your health. I like cleaning, but I sometimes think everyone should have a maid. Not that the maid deserves to be put in a dangerous position either, mind you. It's just well, you get the idea.

This morning started off like any other. I woke up on the right side of the bed and decided to do some cleaning. I am talking serious, put on the clothes you don't mind ruining cleaning.

I started the laundry and then proceeded to vacuum the upstairs bedrooms. Somehow I always forget that the rooms have slanted ceilings so as I bent over to plug in the vacuum I came up and immediately hit my head. Keep in mind I have done this consistently on a regular basis. I figured I'd have learned by now, but I haven't obviously. I hit it so hard that I got dizzy for a brief moment and even used the F word. I did get over it and finished the vacuuming and making of the bed.

I then made my way down to the bath. Spraying the tub, I set about cleaning the rest of it before scrubbing the tub itself. This is where it all started. Or perhaps it really started back upstairs when I hit my head. Anyway, I'm bending over the tub, and it is a pretty big one, trying to reach the far side. I have a little hot water running and the fumes are starting to make me gag. My hair is all in my face and I'm pouting my lips and puffing hot air to get it out of my eyes when I fall head first into the tub. Umm, I said the F word again and I swear I hit the same spot on my head.

You can say you read it here first. I just stayed in the tub while a few tears fell and then I started laughing. I mean, despite the initial pain, it was a funny picture. Right then and there I decided it was time for a break. I crawled out of that tub, went straight to the kitchen and poured myself a tall glass of coca-cola and here I sit. I hope everyone appreciates the sharing that I do. I let go of all my pride to share these wonderful moments.

The moral of this story? Everyone, or at least me, should live on some isolated beach with an outdoor shower that requires little to no cleaning. And if this isn't possible, put your hair in a pony before cleaning and invest in a long handled brush.

Now I have to go tackle the kitchen. Please keep me in your prayers or come help me. They say there is safety in numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment