Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My Getaway

The apartment I live in has three floors.  The basement is a walkout. The first floor is entered through the front door into the foyer with a dining room, half bath, kitchen and living room with a balcony off of it.  The top floor has two bedrooms and two baths.  My bedroom has two windows that are right above the balcony.

I know you're wondering why I'm telling you all of this.  There is a reason.

I have terrible dreams sometimes.  They wake me up in the middle of the night, sometimes crying and with a difficulty getting back to sleep.  This has been happening all week.

Throw on top of it all the fact that I have been hearing strange noises randomly for a few weeks and that I somehow cannot stop thinking about movies like "The Panic Room" and "The Shining", and I'm scared.

So scared in fact that I put my purse by my bed and have mastered a plan that allows me to hang out my bedroom window and jump down onto the balcony, slide cat-like along the rail to the privacy fence and all but somersault down to the drive where the car sits.

I was telling my son this tonight and he got a great laugh out of it and then admitted that it was a good plan if I could put it into action fast enough.

I should probably do a test run on it, but I think the neighbors might think I'm a bit "touched" if they see me doing this.  Some might consider me "touched" just from the mere thought of it all.  

It's a getaway plan that's always good to have just in case for various reasons.  I know it sounds a little crazy and I shouldn't be that scared, but it is what it is. My mind is always going in one direction or another, sometimes at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment