Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Road Rage

I rarely curse. The words just don't seem natural coming out of my mouth. On an occasion I'll do so when repeating a story or some thing someone said or if I am extremely mad. I realized driving home today that holds true except when I'm driving alone.


I was turning left and waited for the pedestrians to walk then proceeded to turn only to be stopped by three people walking out between cars. "Dang Ding-Bats! Crosswalks, ya know!" Later on the expressway someone drives all the way up the middle lane in order to be in front of the line in the right lane instead of waiting patiently like everyone else. "Seriously! Fudgin' Freaks!!"

I'm stating these things out loud, in my car, driving down the road. This is how it goes...

Driving
"I love Rock n Roll" (That's me singing)
Left turn
Pause
Pedestrians go
Forward on the gas
Hit the brakes
Pedestrians sneak out between cars
"Dang Ding-bats! Crosswalks, ya know!!"
"Put a dime in the jukebox, baby!" (me singing again)

I'm like a three ring circus in my car. If you were a little birdy I am certain you'd crack up as you look at me cross-eyed wondering about my sanity.

I might have a touch of road rage, but it's the sweetest, goofiest road rage you'll experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment