Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Aunt Update

My aunt has cancer in her lungs and liver. The cancer is eating away at her wind pipes making breathing very difficult and she is losing weight fast. She has been to several doctors and all say that it is such a fast moving cancer that surgery will not help her. She just came home from the hospital again due to coughing up blood. Originally she was going to give chemo a try, but since her original diagnosis her doctors advised against it stating it will not be positive or helpful to her at this point.


For now she is home, on oxygen and with hospice, and has been advised to come back to the hospital immediately if she starts bleeding again. Her survival rate is 10%. I don't know if that is good or bad. I do suppose some survival rate is better than nothing.

My mom and I are going to see her again on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment