Thursday, July 5, 2012

A little work concern

I'm not sure if I have a stalker. I'm hoping I don't and my fingers are crossed. I'm hoping I'm simply reading more into this than what there is.


My work involves dealing with customers who come in to sell this or that commodity. On any given day I will see as few as 200 and as many as 500.

A customer came in today. He didn't have anything to sell. He came to my window, tapped and started talking immediately.

"I have been watching you."

"I spend a lot of time watching you through the windows."

"I can't stop watching you."

"I'm digging you and want to do more."

"I see you everywhere."

"Take my number." (Forcing a piece of paper at me.)

"I want to keep watching you. You're so pretty."

"I have seen you in your car and you look so pretty in your sunglasses."

"I want to touch you."

I started to freak out just a bit. I'm not easily disturbed like that, but he was making me feel just that. Along with his words, his eyes were large and staring, barely blinking, and his tongue was doing this strange wagging, lolling out of the side of his mouth thing. He had an obvious look of someone deranged or "special."

I was very firm and clear that I was not interested.

He kept standing there repeating things. Finally I told him he had to leave.

Apparently he left my window and went to our yard, questioning the men about me, asking if I still live in the same place and if they thought I'd be okay with him coming over. Fortunately the men are protective and he was sent on his way.

I am a little concerned. I'm not sure where he has seen me "everywhere" or even in my car. I get there before any customers are around and leave well after they're gone. I'm still trying to figure out if he really knows where I live or in conversation he was trying to find out.

I reported the incident to my supervisor. I'm hoping it was just an over eager moment for him and he ends up harmless. However, tonight I'm a little on edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment