Thursday, July 5, 2012

Vacation

Vacations should be spent doing nothing or at least doing things that you don't normally get to do. Things like read a book, dig my toes in the sand, sleep late, wear pajamas all day, take a road trip, no alarms and so forth.


This vacation I was able to urinate in two different doctor's offices and start new medicines that I have never taken before. I'm also putting a twist on things by working tomorrow for a co-worker whose father passed away. Then I will be off for two more days before it all starts again. My thoughts are with my co-worker. Losing a loved one is a tough moment and I'm glad she was able to spend time with her father before he passed.

Today I pulled out a sundress, a little sweater, a pair of sandals and a book. First I'm going to do a little shopping just for me. Then I'm going to pick up some lunch and find an outside spot to sit where I can eat leisurely and read. Later I will be helping my daughter get ready for her engagement pictures. My daughter has this head of the most unruly curls ever. The curls put Shirley Temple's locks to shame. My daughter decided she wants to straighten her hair for the pictures today. This will be about a two to three hour job.

Tonight I'm going to eat only finger food for dinner, sleep totally naked and fall asleep reading above mentioned book. The spiced rum I purchased for this lovely week has been pushed to the back of the cabinet and will have to wait for another time when I'm not so drug induced. Maybe at some point in the future I'll have a night out dancing and can celebrate something with it.

As for now, I need to get dressed. There are things to do, places to go, people to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment