Thursday, July 5, 2012

They're Going to the Chapel and They're...

Gonna Get Married!

My amazing son and his sweet fiance are getting married September 8. My beautiful daughter and her quirky fiance are getting married November 3. Yes, both this year. I'm happy and proud. They both have picked great partners and I hope that happiness and love continues and fills their lives with incredible joy.


My own wedding was simple, easy, and planning it took about 10 minutes.

My daughter's wedding is simple, although not quite Kecia simple. She is having two bridesmaids and everything is mellow, relaxed and optimistically easy going. Just like her. We have the hall rented, the photographer and DJ taken care of, her dress is being altered as I type, the menu is planned, decorations are in the works, bridal shower being organized. While there are many other little things and one big one such as the cake, things are coming along nicely and the bank isn't being bankrupted.

My son's wedding is a bit different. She is having nine bridesmaids and things are a bit more high maintenance. However, like my daughter's, all things are in the works as well - hall is rented, dress is taken care of, photographer and DJ contracted, menu planned, bridal shower getting planned. Ironically, just like my daughter's, cake is still needed. I have a few people I'm going to check out. I'm hoping to make their cake a super surprise. There are still many other little things for them as well, but our organizational skills are being put to work nicely.

My daughter's colors are red, black and white. My son's are orange and pink. It is amazing how the colors fit the couples. Those that know my kids and their fiances would agree, I'm sure.

It is exciting and fun helping plan and organize, shopping and coming up with creative ideas. I appreciate all the help others have given, their input and contributions are wonderful. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment