Thursday, July 5, 2012

Work Blah

I had a terrible day at work yesterday. As usual, when my co-worker goes on vacation I am left to my own means. No help is offered. No restroom breaks or lunch given. 13 hour day, 300 customers, 10 export shipments, 8 transfer loads, two different radio channels to monitor and respond to, two computers, radiation checks every two hours and the numerous computer issues, phone calls and emails. I enjoy the energy and stress of it, but the principle behind it all is that no one else would or could do it. I am the only one that does it on my own.


Yesterday "the ass" drove me nuts. For the record, "the ass" is the logistics and scheduling manager. He never gets anything right and then chooses to condescend and dismiss any questions to confirm anything or to his authority. After my fifth call to him to clarify a mess up on his end, I was in tears. He pushed my last button. If I load a wrong container or ship the wrong commodity it could mean hundreds of thousands of dollars. I refuse to do that so I question him and he is always wrong, but doesn't want to admit it.


This morning I had a heart-to-heart with both VP's and told them it was the last straw. If he talks to me in that manner one more time there is going to be a serious issue. At first they both tried to make excuses. I wasn't buying it and told them. I showed them everything he did wrong that I had to fix and told them that something needs to be done. Supposedly they are going to have a talk with him on Monday when he returns from a long weekend. I don't know if anything will change, but I do know that my questions aren't going to stop and I will be emailing and documenting everything to cover myself.

I am not in favor of wishing ill on anyone, but sometimes some people seriously just deserve to be let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment