Thursday, July 5, 2012

Surgery ramble

I am having exploratory and diagnostic surgery Friday morning. Pretty big words to be using on someone that is being put to sleep and under the knife. :) The short version of this is that I will be having endometrial ablation done at the least, hysterectomy at the most. That is as long as they don't find anything else. It could be as easy as an out-patient and off work for a few days to a longer hospital stay and off for six to eight weeks.


I am a little nervous because I don't know exactly what all will be done. I quit reading on the internet and I have asked people to stop giving me their version of their experience. Too much information put me in overload and my poor mind into over thinking. Not good. I'll take the advice from my doctors and ask them the right questions until I'm comfortable. Please no more horror stories.

I haven't been in much pain the past two days, but I have been taking all of my medicine as prescribed. Saturday and Sunday left me unable to walk and with the need to take my medicine. I spent Sunday pretty much in bed or the restroom. Looking on my nightstand I have 11 medicine bottles. Pray tell, why does a woman need that many? And how do doctors think an individual is able to really function properly with all that medicine? I go from a goofy, silly, jittery high to a falling asleep walking zombie. If this extends into a hospital stay, picture stories or weird text messaging could happen again for those of you having experienced it the last time.

So back to nervous... yes, I am. This will be surgery 4 in less than a year. But I'm ready, bring it on! Pretty soon we can play tic-tac-toe on my stomach with all the incisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment