Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Health

I haven't posted anything in quite some time.  My minutes and hours have been filled with work and doctors.  This year has been a crazy one for me.  I have been diagnosed with interstitial cystitis, vulvodynia, pelvic floor dysfunction, gerd, pud, seasonal allergies, chronic sinusitis, TMJ and mild hearing loss.  In between all of that I have had so many UTI's and ear infections that the antibiotics have caused a major run of C-diff and colitis.

I just arrived home from the hospital a few hours ago.  I had an allergic reaction to one of the medicines that were given to me intravenously.  It made me red skinned and I itched so much that I was clawing at myself.  Then I was told that it was not supposed to be given to me via IV, only orally.  Nice to know after the fact.

The fluids and medicines worked fast, though.  My electrolytes and potassium didn't take too long to get back up to where they are supposed to be.  I am happy about that.  I must do better about making sure I am hydrated and getting proper nutrients.

So back to work for me tomorrow.  And yes, dear world, I still have not obtained princess status so no tiara. :)  I am still a working woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment