Friday, August 24, 2012

My Son

Two weeks from tomorrow and my baby boy gets married.

He is 23 and a wonderful young man.  His fiance is 21 and a sweet girl.

I am 43 and have the mommy blues.

I remember the day he was born like it was yesterday.  Labor was a piece of a cake and a little bit of a back ache.  Then there he was - my beautiful, perfect son.  I cried the moment I knew I was pregnant and I have been randomly crying joyous tears since.

As a child, he was always thoughtful and caring.  His world was his small little bubble of people and to this day he is still like that.  He was strong willed and stubborn, intelligent and easily bored.  He was always up for an adventure.  He is still all of these things.

He has grown into a happy, content, responsible and loving adult.  I am so very proud of him.

While I miss the younger years and would love those years backs, I wish him the best of love and happiness in his new chapter of life that he is getting ready to begin. I hope that every day gets better and better.

He deserves the world.  I hope that he simply always remains happy no matter where life takes him.

Now you see, I am crying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment