Saturday, August 18, 2012

Being me

One of a child's often asked question is "What do you want to be when you grow up?"  From the moment I can remember I did not want to be a ballerina, race car driver, teacher or nurse.  I wanted to be a wife and a mom, a great wife and even greater mom.  I don't know if I accomplished being the great wife.  I was married for fifteen years, but ultimately divorce won out.  However, I do believe I am still working on the great mom.  I had wonderful kids who made it easy for me.

All of my life I will have a goal to be a great mom.  One day I will be a great grandma.  My kids know that no matter what they can come to me for anything at anytime.  I don't know if I will always have the answers or the immediate help they might need.  I do know that I will do my best and at the very least offer support and help as much as and as best as I can.

I should have been born ages ago when women stayed home and cooked and cleaned and raised the children.  My goals in life are simple.  I realize that being single I have to work.  This is a no brainer, common sense thing.  But I am an old soul somewhat in many ways.  I am at my best when I'm functioning as mom or in some kind of relationship manner where I am expressing my love and providing care of some kind or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment