Friday, August 24, 2012

Frustration and ANTICIPATION

I have had the most stressful and frustrating day.  Work hours have been cut, people are being let go, others are quitting and no one is being treating equal.  My check is hundreds short and will be until they figure out what is going on with hours.  I am thankful for my job, but I am not enjoying the stress of it right now.

I am so tired of babysitting and holding people's hands.  I am low person on the totem pole in that I have the shortest seniority and I am fairly certain the lowest pay.  However, I am the one that everyone comes to for answers or if they need a decision made or know how to do something.  I enjoy helping.  I enjoy the fact that I am a quick learner and a person that jumps right in and gets things done.  The current situation is making it very difficult to enjoy it all, though.

I am hanging in there and most often can keep a positive attitude.  Please keep your fingers crossed that I can maintain it.

On another note...

Thank goodness I also had something known as anticipation today.  I like the anticipation of knowing all day I will be seeing him tomorrow. It's an amazing feeling that feeling I get when I know I'll be doing something that I have longed for, that I have ached for.  Even though it has just been a couple of days, I get excited knowing the circle has been made and it is time to see him again.  My endorphins are high and I find myself in a state of euphoria. This anticipation randomly produces stomach butterflies and big smiles.

So, thank you Mr. S for helping me get through my day.

xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment