Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My Mom

My mom moved to Florida in May.  My oldest brother followed her there.  I am so used to having her around that it feels strange.  Tonight it really hits home.

This afternoon mom was at the pool and started having chest pains.  She was taken to the hospital.  Fortunately everything appears to be fine, but they are keeping her overnight to monitor her.  I am so glad to hear that.  I am waiting for a call back for her room number.

I am a little lost, though.  I have always been the rock.  The entire time my dad was sick and anytime my mom had health issues while here, I was the one that kept everyone under control.  I was the one that talked to the doctors and then my siblings.

I knew that when my mom moved moments like this would happen.  I understand now how my mom feels when she finds out I am in the hospital.

So for now I am just waiting patiently and crossing my fingers that everything remains okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment