Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Idle hands to volunteer

Do you ever wonder about life, what you were meant to do or be?  Does it ever feel like there should be more to your picture, more to life?

I love my life.  I love the people in my life.

However, sometimes I feel like I could be doing more... I should be doing more.

All of my life I have been a very giving person.  I receive such pleasure and enjoyment, my life feels better, when I am doing and giving.  I don't know if it is because I need to be that busy or if I just feel more complete when I leave some kind of impact on someone's life.

Oddly, I am not a people person in general.  I'm not a very social person.  I don't require people around me.  Matter of fact, sometimes it stresses me out and I need to rest or take a break as if I have ran a marathon.

But I enjoy helping.  I enjoy that feeling of happiness when someone else is fulfilled and happy from the things I have done.  I believe my kids and the other people close to me can attest to this without feeling suffocated or smothered by me.

As my kids have gone out on their own, creating their own lives, and my mother's recent move to another state, I find myself a little idle.  Goodness knows when grandchildren come, they will be pampered and spoiled.

In the meantime I am considering finding a place to volunteer.  I would love to find people that I could help in some way.  I am a very understanding and empathetic individual.  That will be my project today - research and find somewhere that could utilize me and some of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment