Saturday, August 25, 2012

Morning Time

Saturday morning quiet time is wonderful.  It is that moment when I am ready for work and just lounging around.  There isn't any activity in the house or neighborhood.  Everything is quiet except the random bark of a dog.  I'm not really sure what he is barking at and knowing him, probably nothing but his own shadow.

These are the moments to savor.  I remember when the kids were little and I would be up and about before they even thought of getting out of bed.  It was in that moment that I was just me and for a brief second I forgot responsibility.  I allowed myself that time to enjoy a book, linger in the bath or just sit on the porch.

My kids are grown and I don't have a porch now.  But I still have the quiet.  The quiet can be beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment